Dead Shape Figure
Browse band info
History through philosophy
The first ideas of forming a real metal band and not some hollow-born-dead-piece of shit-act that has nothing to offer to the audience, nor to the players them-selves, were spoken aloud at Silkwood’s rehearsal-room in the beginning of 21st century. Nameless project were started by Galzi, Neissu and Oksa and soon became a priority number 1, ‘cause Silkwood’s vocalist wasn’t too much around…and the music kinda sucked too…
Soon it was obvious that a real guitar hero was needed. A few punks hanged around a while and called themselves guitarists, but the truth was that they were even worse guitar players than Galzi, so they had to leave the scene.
Then a guy from band named Overrun called in and introduced himself as Juhani aka the Fat Bastard. That was it: Galzi realised right away that he had to give up guitar playing and fully concentrate on lyrics and vocalising. So there was lack of one Les Paul again… Goddamn those times we spent finding the right guy for the job! Somewhere on the way the band found its identity and was forced to be called as Dead Shape Figure.
Dead Shape Figure fucked up few gigs with the fury of four and Juhani got stressed up and almost passed away ‘cause of the weight of the world and all the riffs he had to bare by himself.
Finally Dead Shape Figure was contacted by Erska, whose talents and guitar had been available for a long time, but we were just too dumb to see it. Since the early days of year 2005 we’ve been blessed to see Erska’s neck muscles in action.
Musical mindfields were pretty clear from the beginning of this band: Every song is and will be composed in order to launch unnecessary energy; positive, negative and everything in between.
Aiming to undisputed and maniac outcome can be killing. Therefore an original line-up saw its first change in December 2005 when our drummer Oksa were found in a state of semi-starvation and appeared, that a new boiling blood behind skins was needed. This need was fulfilled by a man called Mohkis, whose talents were well known among Dead Shape Figure and the enthusiasm he brought with him was replenishing; Not only for old songs but new songs yet to come.
The band’s measure is exactly like Nonaka & Takeuchi’s pattern says: More than its members, beyond individual, but only existing through every one of its makers.
This far the journey has been short and probably has meant very little, if nothing, to those who give a fuck and even less to those who doesn’t. But the journey has begun, and will continue, through no matter what bullshit, because:
The urge is so real.
The action plan
It’s not about protesting, infesting or worshipping anything. It’s more like handling topics and issues that might not be so obvious without giving a little thought. Even more it's all about releasing, or receiving that extra energy of any kind.
The plan is to focus on live shows and to give every fucking inch on that precise moment, whatever the moment, environment or the crowd or not crowd at all. The plan is to do it so that if it’s taken out of its surroundings the whole shit would look and sound insane and ridiculous but when set to its place it would raise some serious fists, smiles, angry faces and discussion.
No doubt this narrow segmented music, such as Dead Shape Figure, re-invents the wheel over and over again. That’s the problem with fast rhythm, six strings and a monotonic way of singing and screaming: every possible thing has been done million times before, in heavy music, rock, rap, classical or what ever the music. Theres no new instruments, there´s only new creators and a new audience. That`s why the process must go on.
Just there lies the incredibility of creating after all. The unique way of creating lies in the hands and minds of its makers. Conclusions drawn from all of this might not leave us with one, but several answers:
This type of music is not for the big masses (sizes of the masses may vary) and charts. It is for those who expect more physicality, passion, weight, usability, complexity and challenges.
This type of music may not necessarily have to represent the all rotten issues and the decay of society; many cool thoughts and things can be expressed in more interesting way and it challenges a listener to do some constructing.
Marginal music will surely include much passion and devotion because of it’s extremity that makes its' value high to the listener and the musicians whether it is black, death, thrash, grind, gothic or whatever they might call it.
Whether you give a fuck about a certain scene in metal music or not; Do yourself a favour and give a chance to listen and feel. Make conclusions afterwards. Take the best out of this and move on if it feels like shit to you. Then make a trip back one day and check out if it works better for you this time.
It’s that simple if you want it to be so. Life is just too damn short to waste it with fucked up issues and there’s too much hollow music out there to waste with. Give a fuck about what you listen. Listen what you give a fuck about.
News related to Dead Shape Figure
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE - Opus Victoria Album Out This Friday; Pre-Listening Available / 23.04.2013
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Post Footage From Tour Of China / 12.10.2012
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE To Tour Europe with ICED EARTH, EVERGREY, and STEEL ENGRAVED / 16.07.2012
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Hits The Studio / 05.06.2012
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE: 'And They Adore the Replacement' Video Released / 02.11.2011
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE: New Studio Footage Posted Online / 26.08.2011
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE To Hit The Studio Next Month; New Video Footage Posted / 07.07.2011
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Parts Ways With Guitarist / 13.04.2011
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Rejoined By Former Bassist; Video Statement Available / 18.01.2011
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE: 'The Disease Of St. Vitus' Cover Artwork Unveiled / 05.10.2010
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE: 'The Disease Of St. Vitus' Track Listing Revealed; Audio Samples Available / 23.09.2010
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE - New Album Due In October; Single Out August 25th / 05.08.2010
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE: 'Face On The Nails' Video Released / 04.08.2010
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE to Film 'Face On The Nails' Video / 10.04.2010
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE To Debut New Material At Finnish Gig / 16.02.2010
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Completes Recording Drums, Guitars For New Album / 27.12.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Begins Recording New Album / 08.12.2009 (1 comment)
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Signs With DYNAMIC ARTS RECORDS / 04.12.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE - New Year's Eve Show Announced For Helsinki / 17.11.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE's Former Guitarist Rejoins Band On Bass / 27.10.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Bassist Quits / 12.10.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE: Demo Version Of Second New Song Available For Streaming / 03.09.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE - New Song Streaming Online / 19.08.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Putting Finishing Touches On New Three-Song Recording / 14.07.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Added To CRADLE OF FILTH Tour / 19.03.2009
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE: 'The Grand Karoshi' Release Date Revealed / 17.03.2008
- DEAD SHAPE FIGURE Signs With SEASON OF MIST / 23.01.2008
- Label: Seasons Of Mist
- Released: 2008
- 1. Intro
- 2. Blades
- 3. Lesser the Man
- 4. Bend the Weak
- 5. Remington Lucifer
- 6. Fight against, lie behalf
- 7. Blithering Icon
- 8. Karõshi/From Contempt to Oblivion
- 9. 6×9
- 10. Perinde Ac Cadaver
Disease of St. Vitus
- Label: Dynamic Arts
- Released: 2010
- 1. Suicide Continental
- 2. Seraphim
- 3. Face on The Nails
- 4. Felix Culpa
- 5. Amberstar
- 6. Madonna Of Seven Sorrows
- 7. Idiopolis
- 8. Shrouds
- 9. Cities Of The Plain
Single / EP / MCD
Tomorrow Changes Nothing (EP)
- Label: Self Released
- Released: 2004
- 1. Celebrate The Day
- 2. Wondering the Stars
- 3. Tomorrow Changes Nothing
Demo / Promo
6 x 9 (Demo)
- Label: Satan Claus Records
- Released: 2006
- 1. Past Redemption
- 2. 6 x 9
- 3. Cyanide Prophet
- 4. Remedy
- 5. To Chase the Wicked
- 6. Deathride Wagon