Browse band info
- It all started in 2003, when J-P Lehtonen, Jero Suominen, Daniel Finley and Janne Halima decided after a beer filled evening to give birth to THE bad ass metal band. Slowly, but surely, (heads) things started rolling and in the first year of Garm the band began to take its form, mainly by jamming and consuming some well earned malt-flavoured brews.
- In 2004 the band found their own sound and came up with material to call their own, with misters Lehtonen & Halima being the main composers. Alas, the year managed to run out before there was a chance to record anything.
- In the year 2005 the band made their first demo. The first line-up change took its place. Lehtonen decided to fade in to the distance and Mr. Teemu Mäkinen came to fill the man-size hole in the growl crew. The first gig had a line up in the form of Ossy Salonen at the mic, Janne Halima and Teemu Mäkinen swinging their six stringed axes, Jero Suominen at the four-stringer and Daniel Finley on his throne beating the skins of his drums. After the gig Mr.Salonen had to pack his bags and set sail to shore.
- Early in 2006 the band found their new poster boy Olli Rautio to vokill the audience. New recordings were made and the first gig with the new vocalist was performed. Then "Fuck The Grace" single was beaten to life in the icy winter month of February 2006. The band started getting more gigs and making a name for itself. In the summer of the same year, the band managed to finish the second ep and thus "Highlights" was forged.
- Year 2007 was the breakthrough year in Garm's history. The lineup started reforming. In a serious manner. Teemu Mäkinen was reluctant to continue so Mr.Kalle Hahtamo was taken in the crew. A month after that drummer Daniel Finley announced that he had had enough. After some interesting auditions, Jussi Tuuras was finally given a chance to convince he had enough potential to man the turret-throne. And that he did. Then Jero Suominen informed the lot, that he had grown tired of the game. So the band had to go bassist hunting.
After Teemu Heurlin's great help in the manner of loaning his talents for the band to (mis)use during the time the band was aiming for their own bass master. Then Lauri Aitonurmi, after hearing of the band in a dire need of a bass slave, decided to sway into the training facilities. He showed his (death) metal style fingering skills and was immediately declared the resident four-finger-devil of the Garm associated nutcases. And while all this crappola was going on, the band managed to make new songs, record a new ep and even throw in some gigs. The four song ep was named "Time To Face The Truth" and was unveiled to the public in the 9th day of the 1st month of year 2008 and has ever since been downloadable for free. Even filmed a video. And then the resident vokiller caused mental Mayhem and great Destruction of nerves by announcing that he would not continue as the frontman. Fortunately the next guy was quite close and soon crawled from the same hellhole as the creep of a bassist, meaning the dark depths of the local bandcentral in which he often can be found summoning the ancient deities of ancient Egypt to mutilate the humankind. In the most unpleasant ways... Oh, and this new sarcofagus-enthusiast answers to the name Pessi Haltsonen. That is, if he isn't in the middle of some old chanting thingy....
The rest of year 2008 will be spent through gigging around with the promising new guy, composing a hellova load of new songs and of course in the Finnish way of selftormenting and spiritual cleansing by the means of THE holy sauna and enjoying alcohol-based liquids. Stay tuned and be sure to catch us live. Gigwise that is...