Browse band info
For some time now the Finnish music scene have been dominated by the dark wave of heavy metal. The official albums and singles charts are topped with metal releases and for the second time a metal band is nominated to represent the country in the Eurovision song contest. It was just a matter of time when this would affect the up-rising generation; Tracedawn is a living proof of heavy metals influence on the youth. The average age of the group is still below the majority but yet the roots of their technical and melodic death metal lead a decade before their birth.
The story of Tracedawn goes back to Christmas 2005 when Tuomas Yli-Jaskari came up with an idea that would be named as Moravia and later on Tracedawn. Already having played at numerous projects, the young musician knew that the only way for him to play the music he wanted was to start a band of his own. He started out by composing one song (later called as Without Walls), and after recording an instrumental version of the song, he knew he needed a capable crew in bringing his ideas into life.
The lone musician began searching for the perfect line-up via internet at summer of 2006 and was soon surrounded by a group of extremely talented young musicians. With the new functional line-up, the band locked itself into Studio Redhouse and recorded a demo called Path of Reality. It was well received on the internet, and it also caught the interests of various record labels.
After playing together regularly for quite some time, the opportunity to release an album was becoming reality. Tracedawn signed a record contract with Redhouse FMP in late 2007 and vigorously started to record their first official release. The band recorded a four song EP and went fishing for partners and soon convinced Playground Music Scandinavia and Live Nation to collaboration.
The actual album recordings went down in Sonic Pump Studios under the eye of Nino Laurenne who is known for his work for bands such Thunderstone, Stratovarius, Children Of Bodom amongst others.
”The first thing I noticed about Tracedawn was their unbelievable playing skills! The songs have been made with respect to the old heavy metal legends but combining it to modern and fresh own sound. I´m anxious to see where the guys will end up during the next 5 years.” –Nino Laurenne / Thunderstone
The 8 track metal monster was mixed by Mikko Karmila (Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Amorphis…) and mastered by Mika Jussila (Nightwish etc…) at the infamous Finnvox Studios.
News related to Tracedawn
- TRACEDAWN Part Ways with Guitarist Pekko Heikkilä / 11.12.2012
- TRACEDAWN's Guitarist Roni Seppänen Interviewed by MFF / 06.12.2012
- TRACEDAWN: Lizard dusk out now! / 24.09.2012
- TRACEDAWN: New Video, 'Breed Insane' Available, New Line-Up And Album Announced / 03.01.2012
- TRACEDAWN Confirmed For Germany's SUMMER BREEZE Festival / 17.12.2009
- TRACEDAWN's 'Ego Anthem' Lands On Finnish Chart / 30.09.2009
- TRACEDAWN: 'The Forsaken' Video Released / 24.09.2009 (1 comment)
- TRACEDAWN: 'In Your Name' Video Released / 29.08.2009
- TRACEDAWN Confirmed For Germany's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival / 16.02.2009
- 24.05.13 / Valga, Rockiklubi / Estonia
- 25.05.13 / Tallinn, Tapper / Estonia
Path of Reality
- Label: Redhouse Finland Music Publishing
- Released: 2008
- Label: Redhouse FMP
- Released: 2009
- 1. Make Amends
- 2. Part Of The Wounded
- 3. Scum
- 4. In Your Name
- 5. Your Way Is Not For Me
- 6. Dirt Track Speedball
- 7. Repeating Mistakes
- 8. Brain Attack
- 9. The Forsaken
Reviews for "Ego Anthem"
- Label: Redhouse
- Released: 2012
- 1. Arabian Nights
- 2. Breed Insane
- 3. Sick Fire
- 4. The Crawl
- 5. You?re Fired!
- 6. Machine
- 7. Nothing and Nowhere
- 8. Thanks For Asking, I?m Just Obsessed
- 9. Taught My Eyes To Lie