TWILIGHT GUARDIANS talk to METALEAGLE.COM
Dimitris Melidis: Congratulations for your new album "Wasteland". Can you present your band to all our readers?
Thank you! My name is Carl-Johan Gustafsson and I am the guitar player of TWILIGHT GUARDIANS. We have Vesa Virtanen on the vocals, Mikko Teng on the bass, Henri Suominen on the drums and Jari Pailamo is on the keyboards.
Dimitris: Who is the composer of the band?
Carl: Well, actually Vesa Virtanen and me. We wrote most of the songs of TWILIGHT GUARDIANS. The vocalist usually writes all the lyrics.
Dimitris: How you choose the name of the band?
Carl: It's a long time ago, we were very young and really drunk, and we wanted a name to sounds like "power metal" and so the name TWILIGHT GUARDIANS was born.
Dimitris: I think that "Wasteland" album has two parts: the first one with the 4 first tracks that are in a classic speedy neoclassical power metal style and the second one with more sophisticated stuff. Have you something to notice about this?
Carl: The first songs of the album were written 3 years ago, the rest are quite new songs, so I think that it has something to do with it.
Dimitris: How can you describe the music that you play?
Carl: I'll describe it as traditional power metal combined to eighties hard rock music.
Dimitris: "Time Has Come" is one of my favourite tracks. It begins like a fast power metal track but in the chorus it turns to a ballad. Have you something special to mention for this song?
Carl: That's right! It's an experiment to see how people will react to that.
Dimitris: It's a cool song, anyway!
Carl: Thank you.
- CHILDREN OF BODOM: German iM1 TV Special Posted Online
- NIGHTWISH Mainman Interviewed At Switzerland's GREENFIELD Festival (Video)
- NIGHTWISH: Eletronic Remix Of 'Bye Bye Beautiful' Available For Free Download
- NIGHTWISH: More Footage From Russian Imaginaerum Film Premiere Posted
- CHILDREN OF BODOM's 'Halo Of Blood' Cracks German Top 20
- CHILDREN OF BODOM Frontman Interviewed By Finland's KAAOS TV (Video)