LORDI: New Album Release Date Announced
19.06.2008 | Source: Blabbermouth.net
Finnish hard rock monsters LORDI will release their new album in North America on October 28 via The End Records. The as-yet-untitled CD "will showcase the band's trademark melodic hard rock sound, something the band has amplified from the debut, 'Get Heavy', onto the mega-successful 'The Arockalypse'," according to a press release.
An international success, "The Arockalypse" has sold 350,000 units to date and was certified gold in Sweden and Germany — not to mention attaining triple platinum status in Finland.
In 2008 the band has concentrated heavily on studio work, though it has taken time off to play select shows, such as the Rock2Wgtn music festival in Wellington, New Zealand, where it shared the stage with its musical and visual mentors, KISS. The band was also featured at various European summer festivals.
In a recent interview with BLABBERMOUTH.NET, LORDI mainman Mr. Lordi stated about the group's new material, "It's definitely going to be different, but we're not going to go too far. On our second album, 'The Monsterican Dream', we went too far. Let's put it this way, the producer of that album pushed the envelope too far. We didn't see it until after the fact, but he was pushing us in a very metallic direction, but the songs didn't fit that direction. The songs were in the same genre and style as our first album, so they didn't fit the metallic production he gave the album. That really alienated a lot of people from us as far as that album was concerned. The arrangement and production of an album can change everything. You could take a perfectly good song and give it a bad production and it'll sound like a bad song. If you take the same good song and play it on an acoustic guitar around a campfire or something, you'll hear it the way it was meant to be heard and go, 'Okay, I get it now.' With production, it can go either way, you never know. Now we have more of a power element in the music, writing, as well as on the lyrical side of things. Of course, it's going to be a hard rock album, that's for sure. We're trying to take the essence of what we are and, how should I say it, polish the diamond a little brighter."
The End Records re-released LORDI's 2002 debut album "Get Heavy" in May. The reissue comes with the exclusive bonus track "Don't Let My Mother Know".
Latest Lordi news
- LORDI Frontman Featured In New Video Interview - 'There's Lots Of Repairing And Repainting With These Costumes' (10.05.13)
- LORDI Frontman Discusses His KISS Roots In New Video Interview (29.04.13)
- LORDI Mainman Talks To Germanys MetalTrails.com: Video (08.04.13)
- LORDI - To Beast Or Not To Beast Enters European Charts (15.03.13)
- LORDI Update Tour Schedule (04.03.13)
- LORDI - Making Of 'The Riff' Video Footage Posted (27.02.13)
- LORDI New Video Interview Posted Online (22.02.13)
- LORDI To Perform At Eurosong 2013 (18.02.13)
- LORDI - Lyric Video For 'The Riff' Posted (08.02.13)
- LORDI - To Beast Or Not To Beast North American Release Confirmed; Album Artwork, Tracklisting Revealed (14.01.13)
Most popular from Lordi
- LORDI: New costumes revealed. Picture available! (28.08.08) (11 comments)
- LORDI: New Single Available For Free Download (04.01.08)
- LORDI Aim To Produce New Album By Late 2008 (10.04.07)
- LORDI Teams Up With UGO.com To Present 'Lordi HeroMachine' (05.02.09) (2 comments)
- LORDI: More 'Beast Loose In Paradise' Single Details Revealed (07.12.07)
- LORDI: New Album Release Date Announced (19.06.08)
- LORDI Guitarist Says GWAR 'Must Be Distant Family Members For Us' (20.08.07)
- LORDI Manager, Bodyguard Shot At Following Louisville Concert (31.10.07)
- LORDI Film Dark Floors Premiering Tonight In Oulu, Finland (06.02.08)
- LORDI Mourns Drummer's Death (15.02.12)