TARJA TURUNEN Covers WHITESNAKE's 'Still Of The Night'; Multi-Camera Footage Available
21.07.2010 | Source: Blabbermouth.net
Former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen performed a special "Classic and Divine" opera rock show with a symphonic orchestra and choir on June 12, 2010 at the Miskolc International Opera Festival at at the Miskolc Ice Hall in Miskolc, Hungary. Tarja's two-hour set included a selection of the best-loved songs from her "My Winter Storm" solo album, classical gems, unpredictable rock covers, tracks from her career with NIGHTWISH, and songs from her upcoming album, "What Lies Beneath". She was accompanied by her own band, a symphonic orchestra and a choir.
Multi-camera fan-filmed video footage of Turunen performing a cover version of the WHITESNAKE classic "Still Of The Night" during the Miskolc Ice Hall concert can be viewed below.
The End Records has set an August 31 U.S. release date for Tarja Turunen's sophomore solo album, "What Lies Beneath". The CD's first single, "Falling Awake" (featuring Jason Hook from FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH), will be released August 17 as a limited-edition seven-inch single through The Omega Order and available August 24 at all digital outlets . The track is backed with "The Good Die Young" — a song from the SCORPIONS' most recent album that features Tarja's vocals.
Featuring U.S.-exclusive artwork and a bonus track, "What Lies Beneath" was recorded and produced by Tarja and mixed by Tim Palmer (PEARL JAM, THE CURE, ROBERT PLANT), Colin Richardson (SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE) and Slamm Andrews (scores of "Angels & Demon", "Pirates of The Caribbean", "Gladiator"). Special guests on ther CD include Phil Labonte (ALL THAT REMAINS), Joe Satriani, Jason Hook (FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH), Will Calhoun (LIVING COLOUR), Slovak National Symphony Orchestra and Choir and more. A limited-edition deluxe version of "What Lies Beneath" is in the works, with details to be announced soon.
More about this in Metal From Finland Blogs at this location.
Latest Tarja Turunen news
- TARJA TURUNEN: Daughter Naomi Can Be Heard On New Album (18.05.13)
- TARJA - Colours In The Dark Album Artwork Revealed (17.05.13)
- TARJA - Colours In The Dark Album Set For North American Release On On August 27th (10.05.13)
- TARJA Talks Upcoming Album, Tour Plans; Audio Interview Streaming (03.05.13)
- KEVIN CHOWN - TARJA TURUNEN Bassist To Release Solo EP; Scheduled To Undergo Brain Surgery For Epilepsy (03.05.13)
- TARJA ? Three New Song Titles Revealed (02.05.13)
- TARJA - New Song Title Revealed (30.04.13)
- TARJA TURUNEN Completes Mixing New Solo Album (25.04.13)
- TARJA TURUNEN Mixing New Album (20.04.13)
- TARJA TURUNEN's and MIKE TERRANA's 'Beauty and The Beat' Concert in Bucharest Postponed to May 7th (14.04.13)
Most popular from Tarja Turunen
- TARJA TURUNEN: Talking about her church concerts and also about Anette Olzon (20.11.08) (32 comments)
- TARJA TURUNEN: Husband among 3 others suing publishing house and Nightwish-book author. (13.11.09) (300 comments)
- TARJA TURUNEN: New interview available (20.07.09) (11 comments)
- TARJA TURUNEN: High Quality videos from Baltic Sea Festival (02.09.09) (113 comments)
- TARJA TURUNEN Confirms World Tour With BEAUTY AND THE BEAT, MIKE TERRANA, orchestra and choir for April and May 2013 (04.04.12)
- Ex-NIGHTWISH Singer TARJA TURUNEN: 'My Winter Storm' London Listening Session Report (19.09.07)
- TARJA TURUNEN: 'What Lies Beneath' Artwork Unveiled (06.05.10) (82 comments)
- TARJA TURUNEN Performs "In For A Kill" For The First Time, Video Available + Info On Christmas Album (02.11.09) (84 comments)
- Ex-NIGHTWISH Singer TARJA TURUNEN: More Tour Dates Announced (31.10.07)
- TARJA TURUNEN's Cover Of ALICE COOPER's 'Poison'; Audio Sample Available (28.10.07)
- 29.05.13 / Nijniy Novgorod, Kremlin / Russian Federation
- 02.06.13 / Voronezh, Grad Event Hall / Russian Federation
- 22.06.13 / DF, Auditorio Blackberry / Mexico
- 26.06.13 / Asuncion, Gran Teatro del Banco Central del Paraguay / Paraguay
- 19.10.13 / Berlin, Huxleys Neue Welt / Germany
- View full schedule »