NIGHTWISH Singer Gives Birth To Baby Boy
03.08.2010 | Source: Blabbermouth.net
On Friday, July 30 at 4:28 p.m. Swedish time, NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon gave birth to her second child (and first with her current boyfriend, bassist Johan Husgafvel of the Swedish metal band PAIN). He was 52 centimeters tall and he weighed in at 3930 grams. Olzon, 39, also has a nine-year-old son, Seth, with her now-ex-husband.
Commented Olzon: "We have tried to get him out the natural way since Tuesday and used different methods, but like with my first son, I didn't get enough strong contractions so it was decided to finally get him out through a C-section.
"We all are just fine but still in the hospital where we are resting and just being so happy to have this beautiful and precious boy with us.
"Life is so wonderful and I am so, so happy and just floating with joy."
The other members of NIGHTWISH are in "the deepest countryside of Finland" working on material for their new studio album, which they will begin to record on October 15 for a late 2011 release.
NIGHTWISH manager Ewo Pohjola of King Foo Entertainment Ltd told Finland's MTV3 that singer Olzon's pregnancy would not affect the band's plan to begin recording its new studio album.
In an interview with the Finnish web site Rytmi.com, Olzon stated about NIGHTWISH's current recording plans, "I do have to go as soon as possible to Finland for rehearsals with the [NIGHTWISH] boys after I have delivered my child and then we'll stay there for a couple of weeks working with the new songs. After that the album will start to be recorded but since we always record all the instruments, orchestra and choirs before I go in and do my vocals, I don't have any big pressure to do anything in the fall. I will, of course, go and visit the recordings when it feels OK to do so, but otherwise my recordings aren't gonna be happening until 2011."
Regarding how she will handle touring with NIGHTWISH while tending to a newborn child at home, Olzon said, "It will work out just fine.
"We have all decided that the last world tour was too intense in the planning and we will take it a bit easier this time. Planning is everything, and I have a great father to my baby who will take care of her/him when the day comes and I also have a nanny who can come with me if that is needed at some points.
"I don't stress over these things 'cause I know everything is gonna be just fine.
"The last tour was so hard and still it worked out with my son being at home."
NIGHTWISH played a special homecoming show in September 2009 at the sold-out, 11,000-capacity Hartwall Arena in Helsinki to mark the end of the band's colossal "Dark Passion Play" two-year world tour.
NIGHTWISH is not expected to play any more shows until the release of the band's next studio album.
Photo below: Anette Olzon and her boyfriend, bassist Johan Husgafvel of the Swedish metal band PAIN (courtesy of AnetteOlzonCentral.com)
Latest Nightwish news
- NIGHTWISH REVAMP Vocalist Floor Jansen - 'I Don?t Feel That I Need To Become A Songwriter In Nightwish' (17.04.14)
- TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - 'The Last Sled' Lyric Video Released (13.04.14)
- TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - Life And Times Of Scrooge Track-By-Track Trailer Streaming (07.04.14)
- TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - Third Trailer Streaming For The Life And Times Of Scrooge Album (05.03.14)
- TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - Second Trailer Streaming For The Life And Times Of Scrooge Album (26.02.14)
- TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - 'A Lifetime Of Adventure' Single Released On NIGHTWISH FanPOD App (24.01.14)
- Debut Single From NIGHTWISH's Tuomas Holopainen Solo Album Out On February 7th (15.01.14)
- Ex-NIGHTWISH Vocalist Anette Olzon - 'I Was Fired Exactly As Tarja Was Fired, But Maybe In A More Quiet Way' (04.01.14)
- NIGHTWISH - 'Romaticide? From Showtime, Storytime Streaming (22.12.13)
- NIGHTWISH, SONATA ARCTICA, STRATOVARIUS AMARANTHE Members Go Platinum With RASKASTA JOULUA (22.12.13)
Most popular from Nightwish
- NIGHTWISH Presented With Gold Awards In Austria (03.03.08)
- NIGHTWISH: Anette Olzon is the new vocalist. (24.05.07)
- NIGHTWISH: Tuomas and Anette in Kerrang "We made a mistake with the tourschedule" (30.06.09) (518 comments)
- NIGHTWISH Singer ANETTE OLZON Explains Decision To Hire Personal Manager (16.01.09) (31 comments)
- NIGHTWISH Founder TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - "Dark Passion Play Is The Album That Saved My Life" (27.08.07)
- NIGHTWISH: Anette´s pregnancy doesn´t change anything in the band (04.03.10) (334 comments)
- NIGHTWISH Singer Walks Off Stage In Belo Horizonte; Concert Cut Short (11.11.08) (47 comments)
- NIGHTWISH Performs 'Secret' Gig In Estonia; Photos, Setlist, Video Footage Available (23.09.07)
- NIGHTWISH Singer Defends Her Decision To Work On Solo Album (29.08.09) (648 comments)
- NIGHTWISH: Gaming Soundtrack Appearance Scheduled - "The Witcher" (07.09.07)