NIGHTWISH Kicks Off World Tour In Los Angeles; Video Footage Available
23.01.2012 | Source: Blabbermouth.net
Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH kicked off their world tour this past Saturday, January 21 at the 6,000-capacity Gibson Ampitheater in Universal City. The Universal City concert — which was reportedly attended by between 3,000 and 4,000 fans, some of whom travelled from as far away as Australia — was the biggest NIGHTWISH show production ever on North American soil and strictly a one-off — there will be no U.S. tour until later in 2012.
The band's setlist was as follows:
01. Finlandia (Jean Sibelius cover)
03. Wish I Had an Angel
06. The Siren
07. Slow, Love, Slow
08. I Want My Tears Back (with Troy Donockley)
09. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (with Troy Donockley)
10. The Islander (with Troy Donockley) (acoustic version)
11. Nemo (with Troy Donockley) (acoustic version)
12. Last Of The Wilds (with Troy Donockley)
13. Planet Hell
14. Song Of Myself
15. Last Ride of the Day
16. The Poet And The Pendulum
17. Over The Hills And Far Away (Gary Moore cover) (with Troy Donockley)
NIGHTWISH played a "secret" gig last Thursday night (January 19) under the name RUBBER BAND OF WOLVES at the Key Club in West Hollywood, California.
"Imaginaerum", the first album in four years from NIGHTWISH, sold 12,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 27 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, 2007's "Dark Passion Play", opened with 11,000 units to land at No. 84.
"Dark Passion Play" has sold 134,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
"Imaginaerum" was certified gold in Germany earlier this month for sales in excess of 100,000 copies.
The effort entered the official chart in Finland at position No. 1 and has already been certifield triple platinum in the country after shifting more than 60,000 units.
Note: The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) in Finland has revised the sales requirements for albums to reach platinum status in the country from the pre-2010 level of 30,000 to the current 20,000.
"Imaginaerum" was released in North America on January 10 via Roadrunner Records.
Latest Nightwish news
- NIGHTWISH - First Show Of 2015 World Tour Announced For Los Angeles; VIP And Meet and Greet Tickets On Sale Starting Today (10.09.14)
- NIGHTWISH Check In From The Studio - 'All Rhythm And Lead Guitars Are Now Recorded' (09.09.14)
- NIGHTWISH - Marco Hietala Completes Bass Recordings For New Album (02.09.14)
- NIGHTWISH Launch Series Of Imaginaerum World Tour Videos; 'Planet Hell' Clip Streaming (12.08.14)
- NIGHTWISH Drummer Forced To Take Break Due To Health Issues; Replacement Announced (07.08.14)
- NIGHTWISH - Second Making-Of Album Trailer Streaming (01.08.14)
- NIGHTWISH?s TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN Offers Album Update ? ?We Now Have A Total Of 12 Songs To Work With? (18.05.14)
- TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - The Life And Times Of Scrooge Charts Worldwide (24.04.14)
- NIGHTWISH REVAMP Vocalist Floor Jansen - 'I Don?t Feel That I Need To Become A Songwriter In Nightwish' (17.04.14)
- TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - 'The Last Sled' Lyric Video Released (13.04.14)
Most popular from Nightwish
- NIGHTWISH: Anette Olzon is the new vocalist. (24.05.07)
- NIGHTWISH Presented With Gold Awards In Austria (03.03.08)
- NIGHTWISH: Tuomas and Anette in Kerrang "We made a mistake with the tourschedule" (30.06.09) (518 comments)
- NIGHTWISH Singer ANETTE OLZON Explains Decision To Hire Personal Manager (16.01.09) (31 comments)
- NIGHTWISH: Gaming Soundtrack Appearance Scheduled - "The Witcher" (07.09.07)
- NIGHTWISH Founder TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN - "Dark Passion Play Is The Album That Saved My Life" (27.08.07)
- NIGHTWISH: Anette´s pregnancy doesn´t change anything in the band (04.03.10) (334 comments)
- NIGHTWISH Singer Walks Off Stage In Belo Horizonte; Concert Cut Short (11.11.08) (47 comments)
- NIGHTWISH Performs 'Secret' Gig In Estonia; Photos, Setlist, Video Footage Available (23.09.07)
- NIGHTWISH Singer Defends Her Decision To Work On Solo Album (29.08.09) (648 comments)